Monday 22 April 2013

Jealousy

So.. I already got some of the things that had to be said out of the way.. but because it's me, there's more that needs to be addressed.


-jealousy.


We all know the famous Jay-Z line "Males shouldn't be jealous, that's a female trait"
I mean, I like it too and all, but in the case of a relationship, it goes both ways.

A lot of people make jealousy in relationships out to be something bad. But think about it.. if your significant other was not jealous of another girl/guy flirting, checking you out etc, then they clearly don't care about you. And foreal, don't give me that "oh I'm not jealous cuz I know at the end of the day they're mine" nah... I don't buy that.. It doesn't work that way.

In a relationship, you need some sort of jealousy in order to keep the relationship healthy. I know it's weird to say and all, but trust me on that.

Don't get me wrong though, everything must be done in moderation. Don't be the crazy ass jealous girlfriend/boyfriend that everyone is scared of. 
Don't be the "calls every 5 minutes, 10 times, to see where I'm at, what I'm doing, who I'm with etc" person because that's straight up pushing it and being insecure. What I'm trying to say is, be jealous to a certain extent. Jealousy is only healthy in certain doses. If you're overly jealous, then it's honestly just annoying and harmful to the relationship because at this point you're not jealous, you're straight up insecure. No one likes overly insecure people.

Jealousy makes the person you're with feel like they truly care about you. In a sense, it keeps the spark there.

REMINDER: IN MODERATION

No comments:

Post a Comment